This is an American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider Online class - this class is conducted both online and at our office. Please see entire description for details and directions on how to participate.
This is the most common kind of CPR certification needed by Healthcare Professionals.
Healthcare professionals include, but are not limited to, the following: Doctors, Nurses, Emergency Medical Technicians, Certified Nurse Assistants, Medical Assistants, Physician Assistants, Respiratory Therapists, Phlebotomy Technicians, Electrocardiogram Technicians, or any other ancillary healthcare practitioners who work in a clinical setting or hospital.
Please consult with any employer and/or accreditation institution as to which class is required for your licensure / certification.
This BLS Online CPR class reflectes the new updated science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. This web-based, self-directed course, that uses care-based scenarios and interactive lessons to teach students about both single-rescuer and team basic life support.
* CPR for the adult, child, and infant
* Choking for the adult, child, and infant
* Use of the Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
* Use of the Bag-Valve-Mask (BVM)
* Differences between 1 and 2 rescuer CPR
Five interactive exercises, scenarios, and a written test are combined into three parts.
Part 1 - the online portion (time varies by student)
Part 2 - a hand-on skills session, at our office (15-30 minutes)
Part 3 - a skills test, at our office (15-30 minutes)
Skills Session: Your skills session can be performed before many of our scheduled classes, perferably on a day when we offer BLS. When you are ready to complete your Skilsl Check, simply review our schedule online. Email our office the day/days you are available when you would like to come in and do your Skills Check. This appointment can be scheuled before the start time of most of our scheudled classes.
Please see our Skills Check Information Page before continuing as it includes informaiton on how to make an appointment for your Skills Session.
* Access to the course for 24 months following registration / activation
* Self paced, online modules can be completed at your own personal schedule
* Includes online access to the BLS for Healthcare Providers Student manual
* Certificate of completion available to print when Part 1 has been completed successfully
* Course features tool for taking and referencing notes
* The following are downloadable: BLS for Healthcare Providers Pocket Reference Card, Adult/pediatric algorithms, summary of steps, 1-2 rescuer Adult BLS (with AED) skills testing sheet, and 1-2 rescuer Infant BLS skills testing sheet (after registration / activation)
Note: There is no difference in the appearance of cards when taking the class online described above verse a traditional CPR class in a classroom environment. This class is convenient for the professional whos schedule does not allow for the traditional classroom setting.
After successfully completing all three parts, the student will receive an American Heart Association BLS card valid for two years.
Any questions about this please email us at email@example.com.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions and Policy for common answers to questions.